Elaine provides counselling and psychotherapy to adults, adolescents, couples and families.
She specialises in sexual trauma, relationships, autistic spectrum disorders and mental health.
She also provides clinical supervision to counsellors, counselling students, health professionals, social workers and teachers.
Elaine is an ACC Sensitive Claims counsellor and Family Court accredited. She is registered with Child Youth and Family,
Primary Health (PHMI) and Work and Income. Elaine is also contracted to the following employee assistance programs (EAPs):
How I work
- By providing support and encouragement for people undergoing change or wanting to make changes in their lives.
- I use therapeutic conversation; in other words we talk and listen to each other.
- Our first task is to build a relationship that fosters trust and confidence; and through this we build a working partnership.
- I believe that counselling works by empowering people to find their own solutions to their problems.
- Counselling with me is confidential, respectful and nonjudgmental.
- Member NZ Association of Counsellors
- Provisional member NZ Association of Psychotherapists
- Diploma in Applied Counselling with Psychotherapeutic Studies.
NMIT (Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology), 2003
- Certificate in Counselling (NMIT), 2000
- Diploma in Community Nursing, University of Leicester (UK), 1995
- Registered Health Visitor (UK), 1995
- Certified Midwife (UK), 1980
- State Registered General and Obstetric Nurse (UK), 1978
Website design © 2014 Peartree Limited Content © 2014 Elaine Partridge